Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gluten-free review of Burton's Grill by Guest Blogger- Lisa

I am proud to be a gluten-intolerant guest columnist on Natasha's blog! I had the pleasure of spending an evening for dinner at Burton's Grill http://www.burtonsgrill.com/ near Fenway with Natasha, Kim, and Ruthie. Burton's has a lovely gluten-free menu available upon request. It highlights the regular menu items that are already gluten-free and it offers several adapted dishes that are prepared with gluten-free substitutes.

My first delightful gluten-free experience was their home-made (I think?) dinner roll! It was light, sweet, a little crumbly, but delicious. It's tough to succeed with gluten-free bread, but Burton's passed the test. For the entree, I ordered the Pan-seared Chicken and Mushroom Ravioli with Asparagus in a Sherry Cream Sauce. While they didn't bring me ravioli (it was over gluten-free penne pasta instead), it was very tasty! The sherry cream sauce was smooth and flavorful. The entire dish had no sign of gluten-free taste or texture to it. I would order it again in a heartbeat. For some reason, the charge on the check was $2 more than the menu claimed, and their typo of "ravioli" was pretty misleading ("I'm gluten intolerant, but I'm not an idiot." -NR). Good thing I was happy with the dish anyway! I suspect that they cut and pasted the dish name from the main menu and forgot to edit the details on the hard copy because the website is correct.

Natasha, it's been a pleasure! Till next time... Lisa :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment